SL vs AUS Live: SL vs AUS 1St. ODI Live – Mitchell Starc, Australia’s white ball spearman, will miss the first ODI against Sri Lanka today at the Pallekele Stadium. The left-arm pacer, who bowled in full in the practice session before the first ODI, will not be allowed to play according to ICC rules and regulations. Follow SL vs AUS live updates with InsideSport.IN
SL vs AUS Live: Why Mitchell Starc can’t play first ODI against Sri Lanka
- Australian Premier White-Ball bowler cuts his left index finger during the first over of the third T20
- Strack had to take six stitches on his finger, but the 32-year-old Candy was able to ball into the net with three layers of strapping tape during a training session.
- Before leaving the field, he bowled Marnus Labushangne and Steven Smith without much difficulty.
- Later, it was revealed why Starc could not play his first ODI due to ICC rules.
Under the law, “hand or finger protection can only be worn with the consent of the umpires” and it is not uncommon to see fielders with tape and straps on their hands, wrists and fingers.
– cricket.com.au (cricketcomau) June 8, 2022
Read more: SL vs AUS ODI Series: Another blow to Australia, pacer Ken Richardson has been ruled out of the ODIs due to a ‘serious hamstring injury’.
SL vs AUS Live: Reason Revealed Why Mitchell Starc Won’t Play First ODI Against Sri Lanka – Check Out
SL vs AUS Live: Match Officials and Laws Tightened – Match officials have been tough in the last few years. ICC and officials do not allow bowlers to play with tape. The only exception is during injury in the same match. Starc did not get injured during the match and therefore will not be able to play in the first ODI.
Follow InsideSport on GOOGLE NEWS