IPL Media Right Tender – IPL Tender Live Update: The BCCI on Wednesday gave a very important update to the potential bidders. The update could further enhance media rights standards. The bidders were informed that IPL 2023 and 2024 will be played in the same format of 74 games. But the number of matches will increase after IPL 2025: Follow IPL Media Right Tender Live Updates with InsideSport.IN
IPL 2023-2027 Media Right Tender – Increase in number of matches?
- IPL 2023 and 2024: 74 matches will be played
- IPL 2025 and 2026: Match will increase to 84
- IPL 2027: Matches could increase to 94 (not sure but probably)
BCCI members working at BID were asked for clarification on the increase in the number of matches. This is what he was saying – “This means potential bidders will bid for 400 matches and the remaining prices will be calculated on a pro-rata basis if they increase.”
IPL Media Rights Tender: BCCI Meets Potential Bidders, Explains Potential Increase from IPL Match 74 to 90 Plus: Follow Live Updates of IPL Tender
IPL Media Right Tender – World’s Most Expensive Sports Feature: The BCCI Open has announced that IPL media rights value will set a new sports industry benchmark.
Now with the increase in the number of matches, BCCI can actually create an industry benchmark.
The American Football League, the NFL, is the world’s most expensive sporting asset in terms of cost per match. The BCCI and some industry experts are predicting unimaginable events and IPL tenders may break all previous records..
- NFL Cost per Match – 17MN
- IPL is currently at number 4 List of the most expensive sports property in the world. Compared to the NFL, the IPL is priced at .5 8.5MN per match (কোটি 540 million per game – dollar value on the chart at the time when the rights were sold in 2018).
- Currently, Premier League and Major League Baseball are ahead of IPL
- The base price of the IPL tender It is already the 2nd most expensive sports property in the world at PER MATCH VALUE.
IPL Media Rights Tender: NFL Costlist Sporting Property at Rs 133 Crore per Match, Can IPL Media Rights Value Break Records? Follow IPL Tender Live Update
According to industry estimates, the value of IPL matches per e-auction will easily cross the 100 crore mark. And then the IPL will become the second most expensive sporting property in the world.
The price per match in the IPL will surpass the preference of the Premier League, Major League Baseball:
Currently, Star India has acquired IPL media rights for the period 2018-22 at a cost of Rs 16,348 crore.
For the period 2023-27, BCCI has set a base price of Rs 32,890 crore.
The base price of TV rights is Rs 49 crore per match. Digital rights base-prize is Rs 33 crore per match.
Contradictory views about values are coming from an industry perspective. Some, like Ilara Securities, have predicted bids in the range of Rs 60,000 crore for the entire package.
This will take the value per match of the IPL above the NFL which seems impossible according to others.
The price of TV per match cannot increase by more than 20-25%. But the big increase will come from the digital rights package. According to our estimates, if all the values are combined, it can touch 115-120 crores per match. It will be very difficult for anyone to digest anything on top of that. “ Says Ashish Chadda, Veteran of Sports Media Rights and CEO of Sporty Solutions
“I would not be surprised if it does not exceed Rs 40,000 crore. But competitive heat can take it to Rs 50,000 crore. But I really doubt it will go there. “ Former CEO of Neo Sports Harish Thawani has announced
IPL Media Rights Tender: IPL ready to cross Rs 100 crore per match value
The most expensive sports feature in the world: Currently, the American National Football League (NFL) is considered the most expensive sports-property in the world.
The NFL’s price per match is 17.36MN which is Rs 133 crore per match. After that the Premier League. The cost per match in EPL is around Rs 81 crore.
InsideSport estimates that IPL Media Rights, which currently stands at Rs 54 crore per match, will easily surpass the Premier League per match standard.
This will make the IPL the 2nd most expensive sports property in the world. Even at base price, the IPL is now almost equal to the cost per match statistics in the Premier League.
“We are confident IPL Media Rights will set new benchmarking for the sports industry. Do not want to predict any number. But the BCCI is confident it will be a record-breaking number. “ BCCI treasurer Arun Dhummal told InsideSport.
Note: The value per match of IPL in the graph above is 8.5 MN. This is according to the dollar exchange rate in 2018. According to today’s dollar exchange rate, IPL price per match is 6.9MN (54 crore per match).
The BCCI has now canceled the composite bid.
A company can bid for all categories, but each of those bids will be considered separately and the winner will be determined based on the highest bid in each category.
IPL Media Rights e-Auction Schedule
- Bundle A – Indian Subcontinent Broadcast: The base price in this category is Rs 49 crore per game. In total, the base price of 74 games will be Rs 18,130 crore for five years.
- Bundle B – Digital rights Indian subcontinent: The base price of this package is Rs 33 crore per game. For five years, the accounts are Rs 12,210 crore.
- Bundle c: Non-Exclusive Package (Digital): The much talked about special package is available in Bundle C which includes 18 games and the reserve price in this cluster is Rs 16 crore per game. With 74 games per season and five years, this bundle is worth Rs 1440 crore. This package will consist of 18 games – opening matches, 4 playoff matches and 13 evening double header matches.
- Bundle D: The rest of the world (outside the subcontinent): The basic price of this package is Rs 3 crore per game. The combined value of the reserve price for five years is Rs 1110 crore.
Follow IPL Media Right Tender Live Updates and Indian Cricket Live Updates with InsideSport.IN